At Kemah Palms Recovery, our goal is to create an integrated holistic approach that is extensive and life-changing. Our goal is to give each individual client the best opportunities for long-term recovery and a sober, healthy life by working at both the emotional level to uncover the core issues causing the addiction or co-occurring disorder, and also at the practical level to create coping skills and a clear life plan. A choice of addiction treatment modalities facilitates an integrated, successful recovery.
Our commitment to excellence is evidenced by our treatment program, which is comprised of various diverse addiction treatment modalities facilitated by our skilled and compassionate staff. Each patient is assigned a physician, psychiatrist, and primary counselor, and this multidisciplinary team works together with a patient to develop an individualized treatment plan that helps the patient achieve their goals.
Examples of Our Addiction Treatment Modalities
The following are some of the proven-recovery methods and therapeutic processes that Kemah Palms Recovery integrates into a holistic approach for a personalized recovery treatment program:
- Supervised withdrawal at our Houston detox center. Withdrawal is a harrowing experience for many recovering substance abusers, particularly those addicted to alcohol or heroin. Supervised detox keeps patients safe from temptation and withdrawal symptoms during the initial withdrawal period. Medical professionals recommend detox as opposed to quitting cold turkey.
- Individual therapy. In individual therapy, the patient and a therapist use their sessions to discuss the psychological and social roots of addiction. The therapist guides the patient towards better coping skills and methods to overcome their addictive triggers.
- Group therapy. In group therapy, a therapist leads a group of peers in discussing their addictions and how to overcome them. Group therapy has been key to addiction treatment modalities for decades, beginning with Alcoholics Anonymous in the 1930s. By sharing in each others experiences, group therapy patients grow together and work towards a mutual recovery.
- Dual diagnosis treatment program for co-occurring mental health disorders. Without treating addiction, a mental health disorder could return thanks to the negative social effects of addiction. Without treating mental health disorders, a patient may relapse and returning to abusing a substance as a coping mechanism.
Our therapies, whether conducted individually or in groups, use a variety of methods. At Kemah Palms, our therapeutic addiction treatment modalities include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
Addiction Treatment Modalities at Kemah Palms
We offer our services for both residential patients and on an outpatient basis. For patients with chronic pain issues that might have led to addiction, we have a unique program. Using the renowned Dr. Flowers chronic pain recovery program, we can help patients deal with pain without addictive medications. Above all else, we have designed our addiction therapy services model to help you and other patients find recovery.
If you are dealing with an addiction and want help, you can get the best help possible at Kemah Palms Recovery. Using a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, we connect you with a treatment program that works. The most important step you can take is contacting Kemah Palms online or calling us at 866.604.1873. Don’t let addiction ruin your life. Working together, there’s an excellent chance you can recover from your addiction. In the process, you will get the opportunity to live a good life without reliance on drugs and alcohol.
Services offered to clients at Kemah Palms Recovery, LLC May change at any time and may not be a part of your individualized treatment plan. All treatment plans are individualized and services vary depending on individual needs. Services listed may also change at any time.