Kemah Palms Recovery provides hope and healing for individuals recovering from substance abuse and addiction by treating each day as a promise to their future, not as a consequence of their past.
At Kemah Palms Recovery, we believe the following:
- We believe in the relentless and unapologetic pursuit of joy in recovery, and in a power greater than any one of us.
- We believe that it is not only a daily choice to pursue treatment, but a choice to actively seek true recovery while in treatment.
- We believe that effective substance treatment is NOT a consequence of an individual’s addiction, but a promise of our future together in recovery.
- We believe that cleanliness and immaculate order engender an environment of safety, trust, and other-centered consciousness.
- We believe in the importance of daily personal disciplines, including morning meditation, daily chores, daily focus sheets, attending 12-Step meetings, and communal activities such as a family style, sit-down dinner.
- We believe that the staff at Kemah Palms actively strives to make a positive impact on the overall experience for each individual in our treatment program.
- We believe that the staff at Kemah Palms collectively is capable of accomplishing absolutely anything that we set our minds to – mainly the full recovery to a healthy and sober life for each individual in our treatment program.
- We believe that the role of our clinical team is to foster an environment of honesty, intimacy, and trust for each individual in our treatment program. We value the peer-to-peer relationship above all else.
- We believe that the safety and well-being of our peer group supersedes the desires and needs of any individual within it.
- We believe that a healthy and happy workplace for our team is essential to foster a healing environment for our residents.
Kemah Palms Recovery strives to create the highest quality addictions and co-occurring disorders program available, combining the most comprehensive evidenced-based treatment with personalized service to treat the mind, body, and spirit. Our goal is to create an integrated multidisciplinary approach that is extensive and life-changing, working at both the emotional level to uncover the core issues causing the addiction or co-occurring disorder, and at the practical level to create coping skills and a clear life plan that gives the individual the best opportunities for long-term recovery and a sober, healthy life.
At Kemah Palms, we use the following tools for recovery:
- Integrative Therapies—Including acupuncture, neurofeedback, and, nutritional support
- Mindfulness Practices—Including meditation and yoga
- Trauma Resolution Therapies—May include EMDR and expressive and somatic therapies
- Experiential Therapies—Including psychodrama, art therapy, writing therapy, and more
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive behavioral and dialectic behavioral therapies—In both a individual and group settings
- Psycho-educational skills training groups
- Spiritual practices and principles—Including the 12-Step Programs
- Healing environment—Nature vs. nurture
- Narrative medicine—Integrating brain function in finding new meaning in the story of life
At Kemah Palms Recovery, we offer our patients healthy meal and snack options designed to incorporate nutrients that optimize healing and recovery. Our culinary team, registered dietitian, and clinical staff consult to plan a menu that not only results in the most pleasing meals, but also the most beneficial ones as well. Great cooking, using fresh seasonal ingredients, is at the heart of the culinary experience at Kemah Palms Recovery.
Our culinary team selects the finest available ingredients to provide our patients with a memorable and healthy dining experience. Also, we willingly work with any clients who come to us with special nutritional needs, cultural or religious dietary concerns, or personal taste preferences.
At Kemah Palms Recovery, clients have the opportunity to practice what they learn about value of good nutrition in recovery. Each meal demonstrates how the creative use of balanced nutrition can result in delicious and satisfying meals that support recovery by incorporating vitamins and amino acids that help to stabilize mood while reducing cravings for destructive substances or disordered behavior.