Television has given us all a look at how some people run interventions. Unfortunately, what we see on TV pales in comparison to a well thought out intervention. When a loved one is in trouble, it’s usually family members and friends that offer help. With addiction, an intervention is a solid choice. The gathering of loved ones to confront the addict serves as notice that something is really wrong. The following offers information about how to stage an intervention.
How to Stage an Intervention
When staging an intervention, it’s important to make sure everything is well thought out. After all, there may be only one chance to make it happen. The devil is in the details. Here are a few steps that should make the planning process a little easier:
- Seek professional help about how to stage an intervention
- Invite the family and friends who are close to the addict
- Educate everyone about addiction and the treatment process
- Have a rehearsal before the actual intervention
- Try to stay focused on the positives without assigning blame
- Prepare and read impact statements that detail specific issues caused by the addict’s behavior
- Set boundaries for future behavior and promote the idea of getting alcohol or drug addiction treatment
- Offer to be supportive through the entire treatment process
A successful intervention will end with the addict admitting they have an illness and need help. That help is always available at a reputable addiction treatment center like Kemah Palms. Since family and friends participated in the intervention process, it might be a good idea to look into the benefits of family therapy. Family members have been adversely affected by the addict’s behavior. It makes perfect sense that everyone could use a little help getting past addiction-related issues. Beyond that, treatment is about getting the addict successfully back to the land of the living.
About Kemah Palms Recovery
Our Kemah Palms addiction treatment center sits in the community of Kemah, Texas. We consider ourselves to be a progressive treatment center that offers a wide range of treatment options. Most importantly, we customize our treatment programs to address the specific circumstances of each patient. Here’s a partial list of our treatment options:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Group Therapy
- Meditation Therapy
- Relapse Prevention Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
For more information about how to stage an intervention, we invite you to call us at your earliest convenience. Our number is 866.604.1873. We hope that you will be successful in getting your loved one into treatment. Under our care, there’s an excellent chance they will find the road to recovery. For the family and friends, it’s a chance to put relationships back together.