Kemah Palms Recovery welcomes you to our new blog! We understand that the path to freedom from substance abuse is unique for each individual, and involves changes in mental and emotional as well as physical habits. Whether you’re active in a recovery program, just starting to consider treatment, a family member of someone with a substance-abuse problem, or even someone who hasn’t tried that form of “escape” but is feeling tempted to consider it, the Kemah Palms mission is to provide weekly tips and inspiration to help you cope with substance abuse issues.
The Kemah Palms Mission: Who We Are?
Who are we to be offering such advice? We are a dedicated team of experienced substance abuse experts and clinicians. We are the designers of comprehensive addiction treatment options in Houston that draw on the best of established recovery methods, from 12-Step to yoga to expressive arts. We are licensed providers of psychotherapy, residential care, and relapse prevention.
And we are qualified and experienced in tailoring integrated Houston substance abuse treatment programs, made to order for each patient who commits to ending alcohol/drug abuse and replacing harmful behaviors with healthy ones.
Our treatment program is based on a firm belief in the following principles:
- Substance abuse is connected to other behavioral problems, and dealing with the underlying issues behind all your struggles gives you the best opportunity for success throughout treatment and recovery.
- The decision to seek treatment, and to actively seek true recovery throughout treatment, is an essential choice that must be made daily.
- Each day is a promise to your future, not a consequence of your past.
- Joy is a value to be pursued relentlessly and unapologetically.
- A well-ordered environment combined with daily personal disciplines–physical and spiritual–is essential to the security and faith that leads to recovery.
- Effective treatment is a promise of a future together in recovery.
- We are collectively capable of accomplishing whatever recovery goals we set our minds to.
- We are all in this together. A trustworthy and caring community is a vital part of true recovery.
Over the next few weeks, you’ll be meeting and hearing from our staff; learning about our pain-management system, other special programs, and the issues behind addiction; and getting helpful ideas for overcoming stress and unhealthy habits.
Here’s to a joyful lifetime of substance-free wellness!
Do you have any experiences to share, involving Kemah Palms or another treatment program? Is there a topic you would like to see addressed in upcoming posts? Leave a comment and become part of our network! To learn more about Kemah Palms Recovery or the Kemah Palms mission, call us today at 866.604.1873.