Every organization needs leaders who:
- know their field to its core, and keep up with its evolution;
- have no fear of new ideas;
- do what they do best, and delegate the rest;
- maintain an environment of open communication, among their staff and with the public;
- expect the best from projects and people alike;
- believe wholeheartedly in themselves and their mission;
- embrace integrity at all costs;
- make commitments wisely and see them through consistently;
- carry a contagious passion for what they are doing.
Kemah Palms would like you to meet the leaders responsible for keeping us at the top of the recovery game.
Dr. James Flowers, Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Flowers is a leading recovery specialist and program marketer, and is particularly proud of his innovative work with chronic pain management. Some 133 million Americans have a chronic-pain problem, often exacerbated by depression and anger. By teaching patients how to incorporate body mechanics, personal energy conservation, and 12-step principles into daily life, Dr. Flowers’s nationally used programs reduce the temptation to self-medicate, and thus help people live healthier and more productive lives.
Rick Matthews, Director of Development
Rick came to Kemah Palms from Memorial Hermann’s PARC (Prevention And Recovery Center) last April. When not helping substance-abuse patients, he is personally enjoying the “therapy” of being a family man, dog lover, and outdoorsman.