Anxiety is a huge problem in the United States. According to the latest statistics, approximately 40 million Americans suffer from anxiety. Anxiety causes difficult emotions that can arise suddenly and even forcefully. When dealing with anxiety, people often turn to things that harm them more in the end. Some people drown their anxiety in alcohol; others turn to drugs. However, with a meditation therapy program in Kemah TX, people find relief from anxiety, and it gives them the tools to deal with it.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a very uncomfortable and often debilitating mental illness. It is more than just the occasional worry that everyone has from time to time. Anxiety is characterized by a long-term, continuous worry and fear about situations with little or no basis. A person may worry about things that have not happened and may never occur. It’s common to worry or have fears about things that have happened in the past, as well.
In addition, people who suffer from anxiety have fears and worries that are out of proportion for the situation. The anxiety also interrupts their everyday life. Some of the more specific symptoms you may have when facing an anxiety attack include:
- Feeling like something terrible is about to happen
- Heavy breathing
- Fatigue or insomnia
- Stomach issues include gastrointestinal problems
Dealing with Anxiety
Managing anxiety is no easy matter. However, by implementing the following methods, you can help de-escalate the situation when it arises.
- Practice proper deep breathing techniques
- Take time every day to implement relaxation techniques, such as a meditation therapy program
- Participate in talk therapy, so you can discuss some of the reasons for your fears
- Attend a rehab and mental health treatment center if you are experiencing substance abuse issues
Anxiety treatment may vary from individual to individual but these steps will be helpful for just about anyone. It’s especially important to look for new ways to deal with anxiety triggers. Most people with anxiety are used to resorting to the behaviors they’ve used in the past to deal with it, even if it’s harmful. When you replace old strategies with new ones, you gain traction in fighting the problem of anxiety disorder.
Next Steps at Kemah Palms Recovery®
Welcome to Kemah Palms where we welcome you with compassionate care. You’ll feel right at home with our caring staff. Our evidence-based therapies are successful in treating a wide range of substance use problems as well as mental health disorders such as anxiety.
At our addiction treatment facility, we employ professional and compassionate staff who are ready to walk beside you on your journey. In addition, we offer several therapy options some of which include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family addiction treatment program
- Group therapy (psychotherapy) and counseling
- Healthy activities program
- Massage therapy
Don’t let any substance abuse problem interfere with your life. Start treatment today for dealing with anxiety at a quality rehab. Contact us at [Direct], and we’ll guide you to the road to success.