12 Step Recovery Program in Houston
We Are Here for You!
If you or a family member is struggling with addiction let the professionals at Kemah Palms help you heal. We combine the most comprehensive evidence-based treatment with personalized service to treat the mind, body, and spirit. This holistic approach addresses the underlying issues at the root of addiction, rather than stately medicating symptoms away.
You may know people who have been part of a 12 step program. However, do you know how it works? Maybe you need a 12 step recovery program. There are 12 step programs for most addictions. These programs play an integral part in keeping people aligned with recovery. 12 step recovery all started in 1935 when an alcoholic named Bill Wilson found a way to stop drinking for good–Alcoholics Anonymous.
What is the 12 Step Recovery Program?
The 12 step recovery program follows a set of guidelines that promote continuing self-evaluation for recovering addicts. The only prerequisite for membership in a 12 step recovery program is a desire to get and stay sober. While Bill Wilson designed the program to allow one recovering addict to help another, the 12 steps point towards the individual. It’s necessary to list the steps to understand better how it helps recovery.
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol–that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of a higher power as we understood it.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to a higher power, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have these defects of character removed.
7. Humbly asked that our shortcomings be removed.
8. Made a list of persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with a higher power as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of the higher power’s will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Simply put, 12 step recovery is about living and breathing the concepts above.
How Does 12 Step Recovery Work?
After spending time involved with drug or alcohol abuse, there hopefully comes a time when the addict surrenders. Upon surrendering, they will probably ask for help in the form of treatment from a facility like Kemah Palms Recovery. This is where patients get the opportunity for a physical and mental cleansing at a professional Houston medical detox center.
Within the foundation of rehab like Kemah Palms Recovery, one is likely to see how the 12 steps are evident. This isn’t a coincidence. Instead, addiction treatment modalities use the 12 Step concepts as a treatment guideline. Think about it. Many addiction treatment options in Houston and throughout the country use the following script:
- Addict admits to their illness
- Addict seeks help from a rehab facility
- Patient learns about their addiction and taking responsibility
- Patient takes steps to fix issues and stay clean
- Recovering patient continues using the first four steps as needed
It follows the same format as the 12 steps of recovery. That’s why it works. People have been testing it for more than 80 years.
12 Step Recovery at Kemah Palms Recovery
Kemah Palms Recovery is a strong advocate for 12 step programs. We use many of the same concepts in our day-to-day work. As a full-service rehab facility, we offer everything from drug detox, through counseling to aftercare programs. A partial list of our primary addiction therapy services include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Non-12 step rehab programs
Don’t let addiction take a life that is so precious to others. You have options other than living in the cycle of addiction. If you can surrender, call us here at Kemah Palms Recovery, 855-568-0218. By working together, you will see that the road to recovery is well within your reach.
We Accept Most Major Health Insurance Providers
Health Insurance May Cover the Cost of Treatment
Here Are a Few
Frequently Asked Questions
It varies from policy to policy. Each policy is subject to its specific deductible, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximums. We invite you to reach out to our admissions team to verify your specific benefits and go over any expected out-of-pocket costs you might have.
Safe, Comfortable Treatment at
Our Houston Rehab Center
Located in Kemah Texas, just South of Houston, Kemah Palms Recovery offers transformative addiction treatment options with spacious accommodations and beneficial amenities. Our tranquil facility ensures clients can begin recovering in a safe and welcoming environment conducive to life-long healing.
Is Addiction Controlling Your Life?
Conquer Your Obstacles at Kemah Palms Recovery
Professionals are available 24/7 to help you or your loved one.
Contact us today to begin your recovery at our premier addiction treatment center.